[Tf-curation] CMDI / curation strategy meeting: notes + doodle

Twan Goosen twan at clarin.eu
Tue Oct 29 09:47:07 CET 2019

Hi all,

Yesterday we had a meeting to discuss the strategy for future CMDI and
metadata curation activities. I have added notes for this meeting to the
meeting page at
<https://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/Taskforces/CMDI/Meeting20191028>.

We agreed that it would be good to continue this discussion in a next
meeting about three weeks from now. If you would like to (continue to)
participate in this discussion, please fill in the doodle at
<​https://doodle.com/poll/k6xk7ka4bhywpyqk>. I expect that we will have
one or two of these meetings before we will go into 'branched' mode and
work on specific tasks, while still having (less frequent) meetings to
report and synchronise on the various tasks.

To prepare for the upcoming meeting, you can already look at the goals
in the strategy document and add your own suggestions or remarks:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cRJKiise8HFS16gqG4gC3TsI0W-TnLSnebh_YS6mZ3U/edit?usp=sharing>.
Additions to any of the other sections of the document are also welcome,
of course.

I will try to pick a final date for the next meeting by the end of this
week. Thanks!

Best,
Twan

P.S. one of the things to discuss and hopefully decide on in the next
meeting is whether we want to change the way we use these mailing lists,
as they reflect the state of the task forces in that they are
technically separate but in reality treated as one, which is confusing.
For now, things will remain as they are but be aware that there may be
changes regarding the communication channels in the relatively near future.

--
Twan Goosen
Software developer at CLARIN ERIC
www.clarin.eu | twan at clarin.eu