[Userinvolvement] Overview of tools used on historical language

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Wed Sep 4 11:05:30 CEST 2019

Dear all,

Martin Wynne and his fellow co-organizers of the CLARIN workshop NLP Tools for Historical Documents (https://www.clarin.eu/event/2019/clarin-workshop-nlp-tools-historical-documents) are collecting information on the tools used on historical language for the tokenization, normalisation, part-of-speech tagging, lemmatisation and other forms of annotation. The word 'resource' is used in the survey to apply to digital tools, software applications,  platforms, environments and datasets to support these tools.

This information will be discussed at the forthcoming workshop, and will  contribute to a CLARIN Resource Guide. Please fill in the spreadsheet  for any resources which you think you are sufficiently knowledgeable  about here:

 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ha3Fec-HRYcdfDT5xY8lxEBgKUsXpkb-zzE_Q19EJxs/edit?usp=sharing

The scope for inclusion in this survey is deliberately wide, although we might decide later to narrow it down. We are interested primarily in  resources to process historical varieties of European languages from the  early modern period, roughly 1600-1900. At this stage we are NOT  covering resources used in the primary stages of digitization, such as for OCR, error correction, or for resource discovery or supporting the creation of digital editions.

We’d really appreciate your feedback.

Best,
Darja and Martin

Univerza v Ljubljani
Filozofska fakulteta    Assoc. Prof. dr. Darja Fišer

Oddelek za prevajalstvo / Department of translation

Filozofska fakulteta / Faculty of arts

Aškerčeva cesta 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija / Slovenia

darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si<mailto:darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si>, www.ff.uni-lj.si<http://www.ff.uni-lj.si>

<http://www.uni-lj.si>
[cid:3E2D45B8-8A16-4FEF-88B1-495AB2C90733 at ff.uni-lj.si]