[Tf-curation] Revision for Availability/License controlled vocabulary

Krister Lindén krister.linden at helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 8 15:50:33 CET 2016

Comments in-line:

On 8.3.2016 14:52, Ostojic, Davor wrote:
> I updated the google spreadsheet [1] with mappings for
> availability/license values.

I think the Google spreadsheet has been there for quite some time, so I
resolved the conflicts.

I moved column D to K to make room for added comments in column D.

> The main point of confusion are values ‘unavailable’ and  ‘undefined’. I
> didn’t use them in the map because I was unsure if I need to replace RES
> with them.

Unavailable and undefined all go to UNSPECIFIED.

> Another thing is ‘*’. Did we say that it means ‘Other’? In controlled
> vocabulary is replaced by ‘Other’.

= OTHER

> During the update I left comments when I was unsure.

Resolved.

> To summarize, the currently used controlled vocabulary for
> availability/license [2] compared to [1] contains some conflicts due to
> errors, misunderstandings and confusion
>
> and it  needs to be revised again by CLARIN’s legal experts.

I don't know if I qualify as legal expert, but at least I qualify as
legal metadata expert.

> Could somebody please revise this document? Please pay attention to
> fields with comments.

Done.

> In meanwhile we got around 200 000 new records (vlo on beta has  1 138
> 312) and with them new, unmapped values for licenses.

Great!

> Can somebody (who has access to SOLR’s REST API) send me the list of all
> values in availability/license indexes: availability, license and
> accessInfo and I will update the gsheet with new values.

Looking forward to seeing them.

--
Krister