[Tf-curation] Updated VLO 3.4 beta

Twan Goosen twan.goosen at mpi.nl
Fri Mar 4 16:22:20 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

Another Friday, another VLO beta update - maybe you were already
expecting this :) We are mainly testing a  number of improvements in the
importer, but we have also updated the search result ranking which
should result in a better balance between the various 'boosting'
factors: presence of name and description (and whether they include the
search term), hierarchy status and, as of this release, availability
status. Please check it out on the beta server[1] and don't hesitate to
send us your feedback!

We have also picked a date for the production deployment of this
release: 15 March, which means we have about a week to make final
adjustments. Some of you have already reported potential mapping issues,
which has been really helpful to us. The mapping is still being
adjusted, and I expect that we will be updating it in the beta
environment in the course of next week.

There is also (some) time for further tweaking and fixing, but the
release date is getting close, so if you intend to do some beta testing,
please don't wait for too long :)

Have a nice weekend!

Best,
Twan