[Tf-aai] CLARIN-B centre checklist update

Mitchell Seaton seaton at hum.ku.dk
Mon Nov 6 16:27:51 CET 2017

Dear all,

I am in agreement that it could be retained in AAI recommendations, but
not as a requirement, for approaches to testing/evaluation of AAI
(Shibboleth) and CLARIN B-centres.

Reasons not to remove include: * it did help provide a single simple
implementation to allow evaluation of SP and IdP attribute release.

What is the current evaluation of IdPs in regards to the use of SAML
RequestedAttribute (isRequired=true)? There was an old report (2013)
regarding attribute release.

Guidelines do exist already
(https://www.clarin.eu/content/guidelines-saml-metadata-about-your-sp)
together with check SAML metadata script, but maybe there should be a
link in the Checklist document on 5.1 to
https://www.clarin.eu/content/creating-and-testing-shibboleth-sp? I
found the Attribute consumption part could be unclear or easily missed
in the B-centre process, and to consider the attributes your service
requires when evaluating the SP.

Having an ability to test for any AAI issues or attribute release is a
good thing.

However I do agree with the *not* arguments (per Martin, Jozef). :)

Regards,
Mitchell Seaton