[Tf-aai] Email template for getting attributes released

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter at clarin.eu
Tue May 17 13:55:41 CEST 2016

On 13/05/16 16:21, Jozef Misutka wrote:
>     https://www.clarin.eu/content/attributes-service-provider-federation
>

> But is it really the case that all of SPF SPs work, at least somehow,
> with only eppn or eptid(persistend-id) released?
>
> From the questionnaire we did some time ago
> *Being able to authenticate and a mandatory attribute like
> eduPerson*Affilation is released?   *23.08%   3
> That means (if I interpret it correctly) that 3 SPs do not work without
> affiliation.
>
> If we could, somehow, change the wording in the template to cover
> exceptions so the IdPs are not confused if we contact them again for
> specific cases...
> Or we guarantee that all SPF SPs work, at least somehow, with only the
> mandatory attributes released.

Hi Jozef,

thanks for pointing this out. So far, I am not aware of any SP actively
using affiliation as an attribute to regulate the authorisation. But
maybe I am missing some information?

(about the questionnaire: asking what people think there should be
available often differs from what is really used in reality - I think we
should rather focus on the latter)

best,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck