[Standards] save the date: December 3rd, 10-12 (telco)

Andreas Witt witt at ids-mannheim.de
Fri Oct 11 12:32:44 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I'd like to argue for Zoom. I do see the general security concerns.
However, for this particular meeting I do not see any reasons not "to
open" it to uninvited listeners.

Zoom works pretty well and would allow us not to waste time with getting
used to some other software solution.

All the best,

Andreas

Am 11.10.2019 um 11:52 schrieb Piotr Banski:
> Dear all,
>
> Thanks for all the responses!
>
> We're meeting on December 3rd, 10-12 CET.
>
> CLARIN Office can provide us with Zoom, but some security concerns
> have been raised about this, and Leif-Jöran suggested a purely
> web-based solution whose name I unfortunately missed. Let's please
> agree to have the final decision on this a week in advance at the latest.
>
> I'm going to start sketching the agenda soon, but it strikes me that
> there is one thing many of us could do in advance of the meeting,
> namely influence the colleagues responsible for data ingestion in our
> centres to provide an explicit list of formats they accept (or
> conditionally accept), analogously to the 7 or 8 centres listed at
> https://www.clarin.eu/content/standards-and-formats#formats (not sure
> if the ARCHE resource is only temporarily down). The various sorts of
> doubts that these colleagues are going to raise in response to such a
> request may turn out to be very useful for our deliberations, so let's
> make sure to make a note of them.
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
>    Piotr

Professor Dr. Andreas Witt