[Standards] save the date: December 3rd, 10-12 (telco)

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Fri Oct 11 11:52:44 CEST 2019

Dear all,

Thanks for all the responses!

We're meeting on December 3rd, 10-12 CET.

CLARIN Office can provide us with Zoom, but some security concerns have
been raised about this, and Leif-Jöran suggested a purely web-based
solution whose name I unfortunately missed. Let's please agree to have
the final decision on this a week in advance at the latest.

I'm going to start sketching the agenda soon, but it strikes me that
there is one thing many of us could do in advance of the meeting, namely
influence the colleagues responsible for data ingestion in our centres
to provide an explicit list of formats they accept (or conditionally
accept), analogously to the 7 or 8 centres listed at
https://www.clarin.eu/content/standards-and-formats#formats (not sure if
the ARCHE resource is only temporarily down). The various sorts of
doubts that these colleagues are going to raise in response to such a
request may turn out to be very useful for our deliberations, so let's
make sure to make a note of them.

Thanks and best wishes,

    Piotr