[Standards] proposal: using a common mime type for TEI files

Piotr Bański banski at ids-mannheim.de
Thu Jun 16 17:03:42 CEST 2016

Dear Thorsten,

What distinguishes these two types of TEI is ultimately of course the
schemas, and that goes also for application/xml. So this might be seen
as partially a cosmetic move, but if TEI is among the formats and
frameworks endorsed by CLARIN, and if it has its own MIME type, then it
might be good to turn the developers' attention to that fact. A TEI
format resolver is becoming a possibility given the recent discussions
on the use of the @source attribute in the TEI, and then an imaginable
path on the input side of a webservice could become:

application/tei+xml --> TEI resolver --> precise handling of individual
formats

Best regards,

   Piotr

--