[Standards] proposal: using a common mime type for TEI files

Thorsten Trippel thorsten.trippel at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jun 16 16:43:27 CEST 2016

Dear all,

the problem is not sooo easy: TEI is "only" a framework and the IDS TEI
and the BBAW TEI differ. Hence for example a webservice relying on the
mime type may require the IDS flavor of TEI, another one the BBAW
flavor. I don't see how this can be expressed in terms of mimetypes
though, but we need to be able to specify this somewhere. It is almost
as good as saying "CMDI" without saying according to which profile.
Unless of course the tools really interpret all profiles or all TEI flavors.

So we need to be able to distinguish
TEI-BBAW flavor XML
and
TEI-IDS flavor XML somehow

(and TEI-HZSK flavor and probably some others)

Sorry that I don't have a solution, but the tools need some form of
knowing of the format if they are not general enough.

Cheers

Thorsten

///////// Dr. Thorsten Trippel   thorsten.trippel at uni-tuebingen.de
    //     Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft
   //  //  Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
  //  //   Office:  Wilhelmstr. 19 #2.17
     //    Phone:   +49 (0)7071-29-77352
///////// Federal Republic of Germany