[Standards] proposal: using a common mime type for TEI files

Axel Herold herold at snafu.de
Thu Jun 16 17:07:11 CEST 2016

Thorsten Trippel schrieb (16/06/16 -- 16:43):

> [...] Hence for example a webservice relying on the mime type
> may require the IDS flavor of TEI, another one the BBAW flavor. I don't see
> how this can be expressed in terms of mimetypes though, [...]

Dear all,

while that's true of course[1], I'd bet that non of the tools uses
text/xml vs. application/xml to distinguish between the two flavours.
So the problem you raise seems unrelated to Dieter's proposal – which
as Piotr I second.

I'll check with my collegues first but I guess we could change our
mimetypes without any side effects.

Viele Grüße,
Axel.

[1] Currently this is discussed in the context of the TEI/TCF conversion
where it really matters.