[Dev] SMC Browser - update

Matej Durco xnrn at gmx.net
Tue Aug 27 19:42:04 CEST 2013

Dear all,

there is an updated version of the SMC Browser available (under the old
address):

http://clarin.aac.ac.at/smc-browser/

Besides freshly fetched data, there are also some new features and fixes:

* profiles that are still private, but already have instance data
exposed have been also processed, making it altogether 154 available
profiles.

* introduced new type of nodes: *profile-groups*
   based on profile metadata: creatorName, groupName and domainName
   virtual nodes (for each distinct value of the three fields) are being
generated and linked with appropriate profiles.
so now it is easy to see which profiles are grouped together
or who created which profile (i hope the authors dont mind being dots in
a graph - aren't we all just tiny dots in a giant graph after all ;) )

  especially there is a dedicated group for profiles, that are not
  public yet: "unknown-profile"
  you can inspect directly under:
http://clarin.aac.ac.at/smc-browser?graph=/smc/data/smc-graph-groups-profiles-datcats-rr.js&depth-before=1&depth-after=1&link-distance=120&charge=594&friction=75&node-size=4&labels=show&curve=straight&layout=horizontal-tree&selected=profile_group_unknown_profile&

* it is now possible to select different graphs (param: graph)
   currently 4 different ones are available:
   1. the basic one (profiles -> components -> elements -> datcats)
   2. additionally rendering the new profile-groups and relations
between data categories (from Relation registry)
   3. just rendering profiles and data categories (with direct links
between those, skipping all components and elements
   4. as 3. but again with profiles-groups and relations

3. and 4. are good to better inspect profile-proximity

* all data categories should be resolved now.
   (in the previous version many datcats had no definitions fetched from
isocat)
   I also encountered quite a few concept-links with leading space, and
other inconsistencies. I will soon provide a list of the affected
CMD-elements, perhaps, we can clean this up in the Component registry...

* the (statically generated) dataset (especially the statistics) are
getting quite big, so it may take a bit until everything is loaded.
a more dynamic version sending around smaller chunks of data is
scheduled. meanwhile I have to ask you for patience.

I hope you like it.
looking forward to feedback.

best,
matej