[Dev] attention to availability and monitoring

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter.vanuytvanck at mpi.nl
Fri Jul 13 18:02:02 CEST 2012

Hi all,

after the downtime of the CLARIN discovery service this week we took
some measures (and are planning some more) to get to a higher
reliability level. You can find the implementation and some
brainstorming on this at:

http://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/ServiceProviderFederation/Discovery#Availability

All suggestions and ideas are of course welcome!

In a similar note I'm glad that our new colleague at the MPI, Sander
Maijers, created quite a few nagios plugins to monitor:

- CQL endpoints
- OAI-PMH endpoints
- the validity of the CLARIN SPF metadata (gratefully using Oliver's
SAML checking script)
- the JSON webservice that discojuice uses
- the HTML interface of discojuice

They are all available at
http://trac.clarin.eu/browser/monitoring/plugins/mpi , so if you are
running your own nagios/icinga installation you might be interested in this.

Enjoy the weekend!
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, the Netherlands