[Userinvolvement] Dissemination request

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Thu Sep 3 15:25:35 CEST 2020

Dear members of the User Involvement Committee,

in addition to the main programme of the CLARIN annual conference we are also organizing the following important sessions:

- CLARIN Student Session: this is a session for PhD students to present their on-going work which benefits from or contributes to the CLARIN infrastructure
- Clarin Consultation Session: this is a session for early-stage or cross-disciplinary researchers where they can get advice from the CLARIN experts
- Session on CLARIN in the Classroom: this is a session for teachers to share their experience (good and bad) with using CLARIN tools, resources, etc. in their courses
- CLARIN Bazaar: this is a session where more innovative, pilot or early-stage research can be presented

The Bazaar session has been a real hit in several previous conferences. The student session and the consultation session are recent additions to the conference but were a big success last year. The teacher session is on offer for the very first time. These sessions were previously very limited by the conference budget, so we were only able to accept 1 student per country. With the conference going virtual, we want to take full advantage of the format which would allow everyone who’s interested to participate. But we feel that we don’t have the best direct contact to students, lecturers, eary-stage researchers, much less so to researchers from other disciplines who would like to integrate language technologies in their work, so we would like to kindly ask you to disseminate the call in your communities. The submission deadline is 14 September but the workload is very light (we only ask for 500-word abstracts).

The calls and all the additional information about these sessions is available here: https://www.clarin.eu/content/clarin2020-additional-programme-elements

Your help would be much appreciated!

Best,

Darja