[Userinvolvement] Call for proposals for CLARIN Ambassadors

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Tue Jul 28 19:00:24 CEST 2020

Dear all,

due to Covid-19 and the subsequent cancellation of most academic events this year, we have offered to extend the term of the current CLARIN Ambassadors for another year if they are willing and available to serve one more year. But because the ambassadorship programme has been evaluated positively and we can accommodate more ambassadors, we would like to kindly invite you to send us your proposals for additional CLARIN Ambassadors.

The purpose of the CLARIN Ambassadors Programme is to raise awareness about and encourage participation in CLARIN ERIC in disciplines and communities that are not yet fully integrated in CLARIN. Ambassadors are appointed with a 2-year mandate to actively promote CLARIN by:
- Seeking opportunities to promote CLARIN within relevant projects, scholarly networks, institutions, research infrastructures, etc.
- Attending key events in their field to actively promote CLARIN with keynote talks, panel discussions, masterclasses, etc.
- Generating visibility for their activities through CLARIN's newsletter, website and other promotional formats, such as interviews, blog posts, brochures.

The CLARIN Ambassadors programme started in April 2019 with a first round of Ambassador appointments who currently cover the following areas: literary studies (Maciej Maryl), corpus linguistics and lexicography (Francesca Frontini), and cultural history (Toine Pieters).

We are looking for accomplished candidates who are familiar with and enthusiastic about CLARIN and have expertise and access to audiences that are complementary to the current Ambassadors, such as but not exclusive to: political science, culture studies, media studies, communication science, language acquisition, clinical linguistics, oral history, etnography.

Your proposals should include:
- full name, professional webpage and contact of the candidate
- brief motivation for your nomination (max 500 words)

While we are interested in proposals of this kind at any time, we would ideally be ready to appoint a new generation of CLARIN Ambassadors in time for the annual conference, so would appreciate to receive your proposals by the end of August 2020.

Best,

Darja Fišer
On behalf of BoD