[Userinvolvement] Survey of multimodal corpora

darja darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Thu Jul 23 13:00:23 CEST 2020

Dear all,

Thanks for your feedback on the draft reports. We are happy to share with you the updated reports on reference corpora and tools for sentiment analysis/opinion mining, which now take into account your feedback:

https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2020-1701-ReferenCE-Corpora.pdf <https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2020-1701-ReferenCE-Corpora.pdf>
https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2020-1640-sentiment-analysis.pdf <https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2020-1640-sentiment-analysis.pdf>

We have also published the corresponding overviews on the CLARIN website:

https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/reference-corpora <https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/reference-corpora>
https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/tools-sentiment-analysis-and-opinion-mining <https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/tools-sentiment-analysis-and-opinion-mining>

And added the identified issues to GitHub:

https://github.com/clarin-eric/resource-families-issues/issues

Finally, we have started a survey of the multimodal corpora that are available through the CLARIN infrastructure. We have prepared preliminary results based on the VLO and the national CLARIN repositories:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3WBKI6767Acra40cNSTPhi_op8sMwGPu-Dchwztgow/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3WBKI6767Acra40cNSTPhi_op8sMwGPu-Dchwztgow/edit?usp=sharing>

We would kindly ask for your input by the end of August. Note that we understand the term "multimodal corpora" in the narrow sense, as those corpora that are used to study multimodal interaction (for instance, how human speech is complemented by gestures or how texts are complemented by graphic materials).

[NEW]: With the overview of multimodal corpora, we are finishing the extension of the resource families for this year. Instead, the second half of 2020 will be devoted to preparing showcases for some of the existing resource families. If you have any good suggestions for which of the resources and tools featured in the existing resource families to showcase based on some successful research projects, papers etc, please let us know. We also warmly welcome good examples of showcase formats that we could follow or adapt.

Best,
Darja and Jakob