[Userinvolvement] CLARIN Café 2021

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Tue Dec 8 15:33:37 CET 2020

Dear National Coordinators and User Involvement Representatives,

we are now planning CLARIN Cafés (https://www.clarin.eu/content/clarin-cafe) for 2021 which were originally started by CLARIN Ambassadors at the beginning of Covid-19 to make up for the cancelled face-2-face events that would still make it possible for them to reach out to their communities. They were concieved as short, informal virtual interactive thematic sessions with a few invited speakers relevant for the topic and plentyy of room for input/questions/discussion by the participants. They were incredibly well attended and received, so we decided to not only continue the initiative but extend it to other relevant topics, initiatives and members of the CLARIN network in 2021.

Through the Tour de CLARIN visits to your national consortia it was clear to me that you are doing amazing, inspiring and highly valuable work for CLARIN which is still not known well enough by the communities you serve, so you are kindly invited to present your consortium, your experts, your services, your projects in one of our upcoming CLARIN Cafés. The format is as follows:
- duration: under 2 hours
- programme: your responsibility, choosing and inviting the speakers (can be your experts only, can also be researchers who have benefitted from your consortium and B- and C-centres, etc.), moderator, schedule
- logistics: responsibility of the CLARIN Office (website, registration form, emails to registered participants, Zoom support, joint Google slides, recording and publication of the videos on the CLARIN YouTube channel)
- dissamination: shared responsibility between the CLARIN Office (our regular channels) and you (your specialized channels to reach your target users)

If you are interested to host one of the upcoming CLARIN Cafés in 2021, please pick the desired slot in this table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mQ0shwpVHNnv4QGcn9kDEMl4M5u72qKwrGvZPGfsbqg/edit?usp=sharing

Best,

Darja