[Userinvolvement] Launch of CLARIN Resource Families

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Thu May 10 02:32:50 CEST 2018

Dear all,

We are proud to announce the launch of CLARIN Resource Families<https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families>, a new initiative which aims to provide a user-friendly overview of the available corpora for many languages in the CLARIN infrastructure that are valuable for researchers from digital humanities, social sciences and human language technologies.

We currently offer overviews of 5 resource families:​ Newspaper corpora<https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/newspaper-corpora>, Parliamentary corpora<https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/parliamentary-corpora>, Parallel corpora<https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/parallel-corpora>, Computer-mediated corpora<https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/cmc-corpora> and L2 learner corpora<https://www.clarin.eu/resource-families/L2-corpora>.

The listings include the most important metadata and descriptions on copus size, text sources, time periods, annotations and licences as well as links to download pages and concordancers, whenever available. We also provide hyperlinks to other relevant materials such as the thematic CLARIN workshops and tutorials and their accompanying videolectures, as well as a list of key publications on the corpora surveyed.

In the future, we plan to include other resource families, such as historical and spoken corpora as well as add tutorials on how to query, annotate and analyse the data.

We would like to thank all the User Involvement coordinators, National Coordinators, workshop participants and other individuals who have participated in the survey and have provided information about the resources.

Comments and suggestions to improve this initiative are welcome.

Greetings from LREC,

Darja Fišer

[cid:32E18D04-BAC2-48CE-8F87-53649C467997]

—
Univerza v Ljubljani
Filozofska fakulteta    doc. dr. Darja Fišer, Assistant Professor
http://lojze.lugos.si/darja/

Oddelek za prevajalstvo / Department of translation

Filozofska fakulteta / Faculty of arts

Aškerčeva cesta 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija / Slovenia

darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si<mailto:darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si>, www.ff.uni-lj.si<http://www.ff.uni-lj.si/>

<http://www.uni-lj.si/>