[Userinvolvement] Invitation to seminar "CLARIN on Social Media"

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Thu Aug 16 19:09:42 CEST 2018

Dear National User Involvement coordinators, (NCs in cc)

I’m happy to announce that we are holding a seminar on using social media to boost our outreach and dissemination activities in the CLARIN network. The seminar will take place before the CLARIN Annual Conference in Pisa on 8 October from 14 to 16. Below we attach a short description of the seminar and the bio of the social media expert Nataša Briški who will be leading the seminar.

The seminar is primarily intended for National User Involvement coordinators and we hope that all member and observer countries are represented at the seminar. If you are unable to attend or communication via social media is a task of somebody else within your consortium, please consult with your National Coordinator and let us know whom we should invite instead. We also have a limited number of places available for larger consortia where more than one person is responsible for outreach and dissemination. If this is the case in your consortium, please consult with your National Coordinator and let us know whom we should invite in addition and we will try to accommodate the additional participants.

Please register to the seminar by filling out this form by 15 September at the latest: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSchWoNhdd0n7m0mAGkCZO3KtVmLhofYpJHoAkAKGA5ifQKa7Q/viewform

Best regards,
Darja Fišer

CLARIN on Social Media
Designed to explain the changing face of communication in 21st century and the importance of using social media in academia and research infrastructures. Participants will learn more about which social media is best fit for you and why, how to create engaging posts on popular platforms like Facebook and Twitter, when is the best time to publish, what kind of content works, the importance of multimedia, how to schedule posts, deal with negatives and efficiently manage your accounts. The seminar will include hands-on activities with lots of examples of good and bad social media practice from the CLARIN and related accounts.

Nataša Briški, M.A.
Strategic communications adviser and social media expert, co-founder and Editor-In-Chief of digital media network Meta’s list. Journalist by profession, with strong media credentials and 25 years of experience working for various media - local, national and international. Former foreign affairs correspondent, based in Washington D.C., a correspondent for BBC World Report and POP TV anchorwoman. Nataša is also a member of an Expert Council on Gender Equality, founded by Slovenian Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, and a member of a Commission on gender equality in science, an advisory board for Slovenian Ministry of Education, Science and Sport.

—
Univerza v Ljubljani
Filozofska fakulteta    doc. dr. Darja Fišer, Assistant Professor
http://lojze.lugos.si/darja/

Oddelek za prevajalstvo / Department of translation

Filozofska fakulteta / Faculty of arts

Aškerčeva cesta 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija / Slovenia

darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si<mailto:darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si>, www.ff.uni-lj.si<http://www.ff.uni-lj.si>

[cid:C08C5670-010D-4B4A-A66A-800ABCD8FB2F at t-2.net]<http://www.uni-lj.si>