[Userinvolvement] Supporting citation

Pavel Stranak stranak at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Oct 2 13:10:32 CEST 2015

I do like the option to get several pre-formated text citation formats. That is exactly what the free citeproc library can do (see http://crosscite.org/citeproc/) but we haven't integrated it yet.

> Are there other requirements, and more examples? For example, would links to index resources on Zotero be useful?

Actually, supporting OpenAire comes to my mind. Their raison d'être is monitoring scientific outputs and results. Once the result (data/sw in our case) is in their database, they also provide some citation formats (look at the bottom right): https://www.openaire.eu/search/dataset?datasetId=r3a507cdacc5::1cec73473d49e1a1d8aec014b3ca547a

OpenAire support is certainly not a sensible solution for us to provide citation formating to our users, but it may be important for CLARIN regarding the visibility of outputs towards the EC and maybe bibliometrics (I am not sure).

The support is not trivial, but it is possible. Jozef (CC:) did this all for our centre. You can see that so far there are only 7 data repositories in OpenAIRE, but maybe other Clarin centres can think about this. https://www.openaire.eu/search/data-providers#dataRepo

One more good thing OpenAIRE support provides is hopefuly correct "counting of output" for projects that supported the dataset/sw creation. E.g. in our submission workflow there is a field for "supported by" and now it uses autocomplete for the FP7 and H2020 project identifiers and names, via OpenAIRE. This way, with the submission of our metadata to their database, we ensure correct bibliometrics for the project, at least.

Pavel