[Userinvolvement] Supporting citation

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 12:41:54 CEST 2015

On 02/10/15 10:48, Thorsten Trippel wrote:
> 1. What would you answer to a user coming to you saying: "I used
> António Branco's Nexing Corpus, which I found at
> https://lindat.mff.cuni.cz/repository/xmlui/handle/11372/LRT-386. It
> has the PID http://hdl.handle.net/11372/LRT-386 and seems to have been
> published 2014. I don't know how to cite this. Bibtex doesn't have a
> @languageresource type. How do I cite it? How do I do this in
> Microsoft Word?"

As it prominently states on the above web page:

"Please use the following text to cite this item or export to a
predefined format:

Branco, António, 2014, Nexing Corpus, LINDAT/CLARIN digital library at
Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics, Charles University in
Prague, http://hdl.handle.net/11372/LRT-386."

I don't think that could be any clearer or easier to paste into a
document, and it contains the word "CLARIN", which a crawler could find,
and it contains the handle, so it seems to tick all of the boxes,
doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

Martin

--
Martin Wynne