[Userinvolvement] Supporting citation

Thorsten Trippel thorsten.trippel at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Oct 1 17:39:48 CEST 2015

Dear all,

the Lindat example may contain a handle but this is not the classic way
to cite a handle which whould be hdl:11372/LRT-386 or as an actionable
PID it would be http://hdl.handle.net/11372/LRT-386. Though the path in
the URL says "handle" it does not become a handle just by saying so in
the path, but by being resolvable via the handle-resolver.

Neither of them shows an obvious link to lindat. So I guess we should
prefer something like Footnote "The data is available at
http://hdl.handle.net/11372/LRT-386, provided via the CLARIN Research
infrastructure" or in the reference section as Branco, António (2014).
Nexing Corpus. http://hdl.handle.net/11372/LRT-386 provided via the
CLARIN Research infrastructure"

Zotero would not be more helpful as I do not see that Zotero provides
PIDs that are sustainable (i.e. independent of the hosting institution).
Maybe some day Zotero will be certified and provide real PIDs ;-)

Greetings

Thorsten

///////// Dr. Thorsten Trippel   thorsten.trippel at uni-tuebingen.de
    //     Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft
   //  //  Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
  //  //   Office:  Wilhelmstr. 19 #2.17
     //    Phone:   +49 (0)7071-29-77352
///////// Federal Republic of Germany