[Tf-curation] CMDI meeting 2019-02-07

Twan Goosen twan at clarin.eu
Mon Feb 4 16:43:01 CET 2019

Hi all,

As announced earlier, on Thursday this week we will have our meeting on
CMDI Best Practices and related matters:
<https://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/Taskforces/CMDI/Meeting20190207>.

Regular attendees of these meetings have probably noticed that our
meetings tend to run rather long. Even though they are usually quite
fruitful, I think it couldn't hurt to try to streamline them a little
bit and try to keep them not much longer than an hour or so. I've
received signals indicating that at least some others would agree :)

So in the interest of effective use of everyone's valuable time, here's
a proposal for a slightly more streamlined and well-prepared meeting:

1a) Menzo, Alex, Oddrun and I carry out our specific tasks on the
document (as far as we manage; see action points on the meeting page)
and prepare to report on these

1b) We discuss the open TODOs (orange boxes) in the document *up to page
10* (best practice P1) for ~20 minutes max. Everyone interested in
joining this discussion goes through these TODOs beforehand and prepares
to discuss them. In the next meeting we prepare for and discuss another
batch of TODOs.

2) Susanne reports on the status of the common use cases document

3) Hanna reports on the status of the recommended components/general
info work (including a short summary of the state with respect to ISO
24622-3 if possible?)

4) IF there's anything to report on CCR or CLAVAS, Menzo reports on this
(but AFAIK there isn't that much news at the moment)

5) We do not cover curation activities in these meetings (I hope Matej
will start up regular curation meetings again at some point)

It's just a proposal, so let me know what you think :) Of course, those
without explicit action points or specific involvements in running tasks
are welcome to join as well. And those who cannot attend but have
feedback are more than welcome to submit it in advance.

Best,
Twan

[1] https://www.overleaf.com/read/wfsggvdjbbgj

--