[Tf-curation] clavas vocabulary for licenses

Odijk, J.E.J.M. (Jan) j.odijk at uu.nl
Mon Jun 18 11:56:56 CEST 2018

Dear Ondřej,

There are hardly any  truly fixed lists.

I am in favor of having closed vocabularies wherever possible that are regularly extended. Just allowing any string as a value leads to chaos . It is perhaps easy for the metadata creator but gives a mess when you want to search/ browse in the data and will also require continuous effort to harmonise / curate, as was also pointed out (correctly) by Go Sugimoto,

Jan