[Tf-curation] clavas vocabulary for licenses

Ondřej Košarko kosarko at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Jun 12 10:06:54 CEST 2018

Dear Jan, all,

I'm wondering if CLAVAS (or any "fixed" vocabulary) is a good fit for
fields where new values will appear over time. Even though we try to avoid
it as much as possible, we do have custom licenses applicable to just one
particular item. How'd a dictionary handle that? A catch all "other" value
doesn't feel right. Would that mean updating the dictionary periodically,
and having "invalid" values in between the updates?

Currently we are using url with this concept
http://hdl.handle.net/11459/CCR_C-6586_2c79d86a-5a75-0890-d407-7d9cb86b9beb
to identify/point to the license. Then the license name in our profile is
optional and just a string.

Best,
Ondrej