[Tf-aai] [tekstlab-post] checking interest in central discovery service with all eduGAIN IdPs

Anders Nøklestad anders.noklestad at iln.uio.no
Thu Sep 12 15:59:41 CEST 2019

On 12/09/2019 15:44, Paul Meurer wrote:

> we (clarino.uib.no, Bergen) would be very much in favour of such a
> service. We have been using discovery.clarin.eu for quite some time,
> and since support for DiscoJuice (https://engine.discojuice.org) at
> Feide/Uninett in Norway is now discontinued, discovery.clarin.eu is
> now the only discovery service we are using. I am not sure ho much we
> are loosing by not having eduGAIN, but my impression was that
> discovery.clarin.eu already covers a large part of the eduGAIN IdPs.
> If that’s wrong I would have to look for some other javascriptable
> discovery service solution that can cover eduGAIN.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the feedback.

As a clarification:

- the current discovery.clarin.eu service has all the SPF countries on
board, for a total of 1872 identity providers (as listed at
https://www.clarin.eu/content/service-provider-federation)

- eduGAIN has some 3200 identity providers

Most EU countries are in the SPF (with some exceptions like Spain,
Ireland, Slovakia, Switzerland).

best,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck