[Tf-aai] [eduGAIN-discuss]GÉANTTrust and Identity Meeting

Martin Matthiesen martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Wed Nov 8 17:40:08 CET 2017

Hello André,

One thing I would be curious about is how they see the upcoming GDPR and federated access. I have actually some hopes that it might make things like attribute release easier, since the rules are more or less the same for everyone. Some fear the opposite, things getting more difficult than now.

Otherwise CLARIN has been complaining for quite a while on these meetings about the state of affairs with eduGAIN, and personally I think some progress has been made. Even though still difficult, dealing with attribute release on a one-to-one level is ok now. A World-wide, EU-wide or even CLARIN-wide approach is a different matter.

Martin

--
Martin Matthiesen
CSC - Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus
+358 9 457 2376, martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Public key : https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x74B12876FD890704
Fingerprint: AA25 6F56 5C9A 8B42 009F  BA70 74B1 2876 FD89 0704