[Tf-aai] Fwd: [eduGAIN-discuss]GÉANTTrust and Identity Meeting

Jozef Misutka misutka at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Nov 6 11:10:05 CET 2017

I do not plan to attend either but because it is in Amsterdam maybe someone
from the CLARIN office could attend.

Few things that caught my interest lately:
- the new newsletter for SPs from surfconext [1];
- the heated discussion about the new approaches in inter-federation where
sharing metadata in a central location of > 2500 entities is becoming
problematic [2];
- whether the model of AAI infrastructure hosted by a big player like GEANT
is a myth or ... But imagine other big infrastructures paying to keep
theirs (more complex) AAI up and running Elixir/... Some entities already
get funding for similar tasks e.g., GEANT/eduGAIN so why not make them
being responsible also for the end products (because we know it is very
difficult to make a usable one out of it). And lastly, I have already
mentioned this a few times but imho CLARIN SPF could be used by other
infrastructures easily.

[1] https://list.surfnet.nl/pipermail/surfconext-sp-
newsletter/20171027/thread.html (not very user friend version though)
[2] starting around https://lists.refeds.org/sympa/arc/refeds/2017-11/
msg00011.html

Best,
Jozef