[Tf-aai] AAI TF meeting 16/17 of May?

Martin Matthiesen martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Thu Apr 6 09:33:00 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have not got very far with my plans to transform this task force into a knowledge sharing group, we could discuss this face-to-face on 16/17 of May in Utrecht. Who of you is coming and would like to have a taskforce meeting? The floor is open for agenda suggestions.

As to knowledge sharing:

1) I got now connected to University of Cologne, a process involving signatures and stamps, they did let me put all 4 Kielipankki-SPs on one piece of paper, though.
2) CLARIN ACA and our IDP
We at Kielipankki offer ACA licensed data to any user who has the "eduPerson(Scoped)Affilition" attribute set to member (ie students ... professors). Making it work with our own IDP and Apache 2.2 was tricky, since member at clarin.eu is always set (and therefore meaningless) and the academic background is set in an entitlement. With hindsight non-academic IDP users could have been encoded affiliate at clarin.eu, but now it is too late. (or: is it? If we have only a few non-academics, the setting could be updated.) Anyway I found a way to encode this with Apache 2.2's limited "require"-syntax.
3) Connecting University of Indiana
I got a request from a user there to be able to login. After 4 weeks of back and forth with their it-support they sent me this:

> Admins responded to your message. These are the guidelines to IU Shibboleth setup. https://kb.iu.edu/d/bdag
> You should have a Service owner/sponsor with IU who is willing to sponsor IU shibboleth. All the steps are included in the KB article, please refer to them. Hope this helps.

A form where I have to fill in information already present in the metadata. Convenient.

Anyway, any need for an AAI Meeting?

Martin

--
Martin Matthiesen
CSC - Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus
+358 9 457 2376, martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Public key : https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x74B12876FD890704
Fingerprint: AA25 6F56 5C9A 8B42 009F  BA70 74B1 2876 FD89 0704