[Tf-aai] Attribute Checker ready for testing

Jozef Misutka misutka at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Apr 4 17:03:40 CEST 2016

Dear Martin and all,

first of all, I think that it is great that (inter)federating becomes more
user friendly and that the improvements come from the right organisations.

It is a pitty that that I missed the last telco so I will write my comments
here.

Almost a year ago, we did a proof of concept for CLARIN+ showing how
collecting the names of released user attributes can be done in an
automated way (the approach below uses the same approach).
The idea in CLARIN+ was to have a small web application that would collect
idp+released attributes transparently either using the hooks in shibboleth
or using javascript + /Session.
The attribute release check *could* still be done on the application level
[1] but in case of a failure, it could be redirected to a common error page
in the web application.

For those who want to wait a bit more, we should decide if we want solo
approaches for every SP or a unified CLARIN wide approach. Both have
advantages.
We should also ask the SPF members if anyone has non shibboleth SP in which
case we could still do a javascript attribute polling.

Best,
Jozef

[1] If a SP (like ours) serves multiple web applications that rely on a
different set of mandatory attributes, the check must be done on the
application level.