[Standards] version 0.1 published (without hype)

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Wed Jan 27 04:42:31 CET 2021

Dear all,

I have made the first, more-or-less internal, release of the
recommendations (version 0.1), on the page
https://www.clarin.eu/content/standards

"more-or-less", because the page is in theory viewable to everyone, but
I don't think we should make much fuss about that before we get the most
obvious wrinkles straightened. I see these semi-published
recommendations mostly as evidence of our work up till now and as
demonstration of what we still need to get done. I see an additional
role of the more comprehensive export
(https://www.clarin.eu/sites/default/files/CLARIN%20recommendations%20for%20data-deposition%20format%2C%20January%202021%2C%20with%20centres.pdf)
in supporting our messages to the colleagues representing the particular
centres that haven't published this info yet ("oh look: your centre is
still not represented there...").

My reservedness notwithstanding, I will readily admit that, while a
small step for CLARIN, the publication of v0.1 is one giant leap for the
CSC -- so, well done, everyone, and thanks for your participation! :-)
Now all we need to do is press on...

Best regards,

    Piotr

PS. I will edit this page some more, of course, add cross-links and more
prose. But that's cosmetics that can wait, while I wanted to make sure
that our 'pre-release meeting' is followed by an actual release :-)