[Standards] yearly reporting: coordination with other projects

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Tue Oct 27 03:43:45 CET 2020

Dear all,

I am going to fill out the yearly report form for the General Assembly,
and, as usual, all of us should chip in at least in the section on
coordination with other institutions, RIs or projects. Below, I quote
the last year's report and I would like to ask you to let me know, by
replying to the list or to me directly, if there are any changes/news
that I should report on, here. Please kindly treat this as relatively
urgent -- I would like to be done with the report this week still.

Apologies for the short notice, but, OTOH, this shouldn't generally take
a lot of time (and I'll do the compilation).

Thanks in advance and best regards,

    Piotr

 1.

        *Coordination with other institutions/research
        infrastructures/projects*

*ISO TC37 SC4*:

  *

    Maria Gavrilidou is a member of WG 1 and leader of the working group
    for the submission of ISO 24622 “Component metadata infrastructure
    (CMDI) – Part 3: Recommended Components and Profiles”

  *

    Hanna Hedeland is a member of the working group for the submission
    of ISO 24622 “Component metadata infrastructure (CMDI) – Part 3:
    Recommended Components and Profiles”

  *

    Andreas Witt is the convener of Working Group 6 “Linguistic
    Annotation” and the liaison between TC37 SC4 and CLARIN ERIC

  *

    Piotr Bański is a member of WG 6 and WG 4 “Lexical resources”, a
    co-leader of the project “Corpus Query Lingua Franca part 2:
    Ontology”, and a co-leader of the revision of the “Morpho-syntactic
    Annotation Framework” in WG 6

  *

    Fahad Khan is a project co-leader in WG 4

  *

    Leif-Jöran Olsson is a member of the Swedish mirror of ISO TC37 SC4

  *

    Charly Mörth is member of Austrian Standards Committee 33

*TEI*:

  *

    Piotr Bański and Andreas Witt are convenors of the Special Interest
    Group “TEI for Linguists” (LingSIG)

  *

    Tomaž Erjavec and Andrej Pančur from CLARIN.SI developed the first
    version of the Parla-CLARIN encoding recommendations, which specify
    a TEI-based schema for corpora of parliamentary proceedings. The
    proposal was presented at the TEI 2019 conference in Graz.

*OpenMinTeD*:

  *

    Penny Labropoulou and Marta Villegas are co-authors (with other
    collaborators from the OpenMinTeD) of the OMTD-SHARE ontology which
    includes a class dedicated to data formats; the work on the ontology
    is continued as part of the update of the META-SHARE ontology.