[Standards] highlights and doodle (still not frozen)

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Thu Nov 26 02:32:28 CET 2020

Dear all,

I'm tempted to give the current poll one more day -- I should have sent
a reminder early on Wednesday but I spent nearly the entire day at a
conference and then trying to catch up with stuff, and failing.

https://doodle.com/poll/ebidkknp4yk9etg2

At this point, the winner is Wednesday, the 9th of December, 11 am - 12
pm, with 5 voters. If that is not optimal to you, please take action,
and I'll do my best to announce the final date towards today's evening.
At which point I will post the next doodle, for January.

What we're planning for the December meeting is a short roundup of our
tasks, whether ongoing or done, and some of these tasks I have made a
bit more explicit in the spreadsheet, and some others dearly await a
helping hand...

But before I name the names and call for help more explicitly, let me
offer a brief summary of the highlights of the past meeting.

1. Timing of the deliverable currently on our workbench:

* starting in late January 2021,
* working releases every three months, with a flashy release every CAC

2. Working toward the deliverable

* the spreadsheet got enhanced with extra info, a.o. on who is
responsible for which part (across the certified centres only)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEK-RAqK3eCXb6g8pztB1WI7atzbp3KUZ455izdSJj4/edit
* I have added myself, but also -- without asking the members in
question, but (a) you knew it was coming and (b) you know that this is a
suggestion/request rather than obligation -- Charly (KM), Tomaž (TE),
Jussi (JP) and Fahad (FK); I've also added Dieter (DVU), in places where
Dieter earlier added himself in a comment.
* given that Francesca needs to step down as a representative of France
and given that Christian needs to concentrate on other tasks for a
while, their columns are up for the taking. As are those without any
initials -- please feel very welcome to add yourself/ves

3. We need more active members
* but with an explicit warning that we are a task-forcey-like committee,
where hands need to get dirty from time to time
* as 'advertised' in our presentation space at clarin.eu (Jan and me
will take care of the first suggestion)
* ... so we'll postpone the recruitment till after January 2021, to
actually have something concrete to point at;
* before then, I was tasked with making sure that all our current
members still intend to be on the committee.

For more details, please turn to the minutes -- which we owe to Hanna
(and thank you so much for your work on this, Hanna!):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_YTnCplk9kxfLzeOa2M-joXYOuR522zDmaKm5uxaerw/edit#heading=h.os2tteiq1ewy

And despite the verbosity of this message, please keep in mind what it
started with: the current poll :-)

Thanks and best regards,

    Piotr

On 19/11/2020 03:20, Piotr Banski wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is the first piece of my post-meeting homework: doodle for the
> short meeting in December designed for quick reports on the successes
> and obstacles in reaching our goals (more on the goals later -- both
> in the minutes and in a summary message to this list).
>
> When I suggested the second week of December, I didn't realise
> precisely when in the week December begins, so the doodle is a
> compromise between what is and what I would like to see, spanning 5
> working days from the 9th of December (Wednesday) until the 15th of
> December (Tuesday).
>
> ("What I would like to see" basically means "as late as possible
> without causing you to skip the meeting because of your amassed
> December deadline headaches".)
>
> The doodle is at: https://doodle.com/poll/ebidkknp4yk9etg2
>
> Please kindly fill it out until Wednesday the 25th of November, so
> that we know what to expect in our plans for December.
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards,
>
>    Piotr

Piotr Bański, Ph.D.
Senior Researcher,