[Standards] CSC at clarin.eu visiting card

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Tue Feb 11 12:27:50 CET 2020

Dear all,

Among our decisions made last time was one to have an online doc for
gathering ideas/text for the CSC "visiting card" on the clarin.eu pages,
namely for the page at https://www.clarin.eu/content/standards .

I have now prepared that document, in a very unsophisticated form: it
has a section with the current content, and another for jotting down
ideas for additions or changes. Please feel welcome to share your ideas.
The document is at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kKBSiPG2qKFa-ZuNzMUYT-qWbqebPPPX0O6kH7pCxoE/edit?usp=sharing

There is another important page in the clarin.eu domain, namely
https://www.clarin.eu/content/standards-and-formats

We know by now that after the March virtual meeting, we are going to
have something new for it: new items for the list of centres that
publish explicit format/standard requirements for data ingestion. We
should also at some point think about the usefulness of the table at the
bottom of that page.

A question for your consideration in the time before March: do you think
it makes sense to keep the former page (content/standards) as a visiting
card of the CSC, and consider the latter a succinct list of proposals
made by the CSC and the Interoperability Committee, suitable for
directing newcomers to CLARIn to?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

    Piotr