[Standards] agenda update

Piotr Bański banski at ids-mannheim.de
Sun Sep 17 02:48:15 CEST 2017

Dear All,

Please find below an updated agenda for our Monday meeting (with two
items added to #4).

It has been pointed out to me that item #2 may have escaped attention --
all I would like to ask in this regard is an optional and informal short
statement on what standardization-related work each member has done over
past year, with an eye to a potential report to the NCF and BoD (the
reports that we have been tried to prepare and that I have tried to
"install" at https://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/CSC%3A%20Monthly%20reports but
the idea hasn't taken off). If there are some URLs that you'd like to
mention or longer project names, please consider sending them to me in
an e-mail or pasting them into the Google doc mentioned below.

I have opened a Google doc at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a8_eTJy__Fujx5qfDtea6V8PIlEJmvUpWUPLaiAYnPU/edit?usp=sharing

to keep notes of the meeting; there is a scratchpad section at the
bottom of it.

Best regards and see you all soon,

   Piotr

*Agenda*

(18.09.2017, 14:00-16:00, “Park II”)

1. Evaluation of the work on the standards list and the overall approach
to this endeavour (bottom-up or top-down)

2. Summary of members' CSC/standardization-related work in the past year
(a round of reports on activities)

3. Internal Committee Issues:

3.1. formal expression of the membership in the committee: CLARIN
homepage [1] | GitHub project [2] | mailing list ?

3.2. participation of committee members in committee work (with an eye
to monthly activity reports to NCF/BoD)

3.3. means of communication and presentation of results

3.4. next meeting: where and when

4. Any other business

4.1. Potential "clarin.eu"-based namespaces for the ISO TC37SC4
specifications

4.2. PARTHENOS Standardization Survival Kit (SKK) and its role and
uptake in CLARIN

[1]: https://www.clarin.eu/governance/standards-committee

[2]: https://github.com/clarin-eric/standards

--