[Standards] monthly reports (again) and items for a yearly report

Piotr Bański banski at ids-mannheim.de
Thu Oct 26 19:27:38 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am switching momentarily from putting together a report for GA to
remind you and ask you again to kindly edit the "monthly reports"[1]
page from time to time, adding items that you could put on the CSC tab
at least partially. We should be able to justify the existence of this
committee, and so far, I was able to speak mostly about myself (all
names mentioned there come from my 'investigations' or observations,
with one notable exception of the CLARIN+ report that Claus co-edited
and a copy of which Dorte kindly gave me in Budapest) -- and I am sure
that you have items to report, but they just aren't there, where Dieter
could get them from every month, and where I could grab them from for a
yearly round-up... I am now juggling with words to turn a Piotr-report
into a CSC report, using a lot of passive voice and the like.

In case you are reading this now, on Thursday evening, and want to push
an item or two my way, please feel welcome to do so. I am afraid that I
won't finish the report before I leave the office in 20 minutes for an
hour or two, so there's still a tiny bit of time for this (I do mean two
hours or so, but not much more). The whole report so far looks by no
means tragic, but I would feel elated being able to add more items as
"achievements" in the past year, coming from you. I'm sure these
achievements are there, and we just won't be able to claim them as a
committee, this year.

If you are reading this on a tram home or will read this later, don't
worry -- just please keep the reports page [1] in mind (and close to
heart...) for the coming 2017-2018 cycle.

Thanks for considering this and best wishes,

   Piotr

[1]: https://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/CSC%3A%20Monthly%20reports