[Standards] Budapest: meeting report, two related proposals

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Fri Oct 20 13:34:10 CEST 2017

Dear all,

You will recall that the godess of technology subjected me to a little
test of faith on the morning of the day of our meeting in Budapest, and
as a result the projected online agenda and minutes turned into frantic
scribbling on a piece of paper while trying to watch our time
restrictions and to allow everyone to voice their opinion, which
altogether led me to a realization that I should never be allowed to
chair a meeting while also taking minutes.

As a result, I can offer a report of our meeting rather than
full-fledged minutes. The report (based on the slides that I managed to
put together thanks to a hotel PC and the kindness of Karolina
Badźmierowska) is available at the following address:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a8_eTJy__Fujx5qfDtea6V8PIlEJmvUpWUPLaiAYnPU/edit#

(it's the same address as the one I distributed for the projected
minutes document)

I have annotated the individual points. In two cases, I point to
separate google docs that I haven't announced earlier. These are:

1. a proposal for a questionnaire on fields of expertise of CLARIN
researchers (the aim being for us to be able to reach out for assistance
when standards-related decisions are needed and we as CSC don't have the
expertise required or would like a second opinion):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQMCowMgKLAXrK-ZoDrM7kgjXgiHBcASKWfVMO2s3qY/edit

2. a proposal for a flexible facility for "clarin.eu"-based namespaces:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uFw8VSohE3H24LE-mkUTbsLayTWQr-NHkHVCvekVyG4/edit#

Please feel welcome to comment and modify each of them, with one
request: if you have a google account, please kindly log in, so that the
changes are not made by "anonymous gekkos" or other crocodiles ;-) and
so we can potentially discuss them further more easily. If you don't
have a google account, please kindly at least initial your comments.

I will soon announce a doodle for a virtual meeting. I have waited with
that until I resolve other doodles that I'm involved in, so as to avoid
modifying the CSC doodle after it's announced.

Best regards,

    Piotr

--
Piotr Bański, Ph.D.