[Standards] new potential project, plans for a telco

Piotr Bański banski at ids-mannheim.de
Tue Feb 7 13:40:24 CET 2017

Dear All,

I have added one more (potential) project to the CSC repository.

The possibilities that the GitHub space offers to us together with the
new BoD/NCF requirement of monthly reports prompt me to suggest that we
meet online to discuss the running business, focusing, at least
initially, on the proposed and potential projects that the CSC could
promote: a review of the current ones, potential assignment of
roles/functions, suggestion for other projects, CSC strategy within
CLARIN, CSC meeting schedule.

The CLARIN Secretariat offers Adobe Connect for teleconferencing
purposes. I've never used it but I'm told that it works on all major
platforms.

I would appreciate your reactions to the above, whether positive or
negative, preferably on-list. If I don't see objections, I will set up a
doodle call to see if we can find a date that would suite all/most of
us. Myself, I am going to be away from cable Internet until the end of
February, so I am thinking of setting the doodle for the first two weeks
of March.

In the meantime, I encourage you to join the CSC GitHub repository:
https://github.com/clarin-eric/standards

Best regards,

   Piotr

--