[Standards] Fwd: Standards in the view of LINDAT/CLARIN (CZ)

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter at clarin.eu
Wed Apr 22 08:56:12 CEST 2015

Dear standards committee,

as agreed in Vienna we have distributed the position paper to all the
centres and the centre committee. There were 2 reactions:

- one from Brian McWhinney (Talkbank/CMU):

We have no Centre Committee representative for CMU/TalkBank, but I think
that the recommendations of the standards committee make entirely good
sense.  However, it is very helpful to have the incorporation of
standards be accompanied by the provision of tested tools for
implementing and using those standards.  Conversion of CMDI data to
OAI-PHP format for harvesting would be an example.

- one from the Lindat colleagues (see forward below, will be included in
the minutes of yesterday's meeting at
http://www.clarin.eu/content/centre-committee)

best regards,
Dieter