[Standards] various resources on CLARIN recommendations

Menzo Windhouwer Menzo.Windhouwer at mpi.nl
Fri Jun 27 13:31:15 CEST 2014

Hi, All,

As discussed at the CSC meeting last Monday I went to look around for resources that currently claim to contain CLARIN recommendations or are related to our topic. Here is what I found so far:

* http://www.clarin.eu/faq-page/269#t269n3060

In the CLARIN EU FAQ on standards there is the question “What standards are recommended by CLARIN?” there is as answer an "open list”.

The text also refers to version 8 of the “CLARIN Standardisation Action Plan”, but the link is wrong. However, stripping out the private subdirectory in the path lead me to:

* http://www.clarin.eu/sites/default/files/Standardisation%20action%20plan-v8.pdf (via http://www.clarin.eu/file/1511)

The “Standardisation Action Plan for Clarin” contains “2. Recommended standards”, which lists many standards. Section 3 contains more standards, which were under construction (although not all) at that time. Section 5 also mentions a lot of formats in use by different communities.

* http://www.clarin.eu/content/standard-recommendations (also http://www.clarin.eu/recommendations)

This page contains a link to version 6 of the “Standards for LRT”. This document lists many ‘standards’ and ranks them for their relevance to CLARIN.

* http://www.clarin.eu/sites/default/files/standards-CLARIN-ShortGuide.pdf

The short guide “Standards and Best Practices” has a section “How does it work?”, which has a list of standards.

* http://www-sk.let.uu.nl/u/D5C-3.pdf (via http://hdl.handle.net/1839/00-DOCS.CLARIN.EU-51 to http://www.clarin.eu/content/reports)

Deliverable D5C-3 “Interoperability and Standards”. It looks like this is mainly an inventory of representational standards, but not yet established CLARIN standards.

* http://clarin.eu/content/standards

This standards page links to the “CLARIN Standard Guidance” website as IDS as “An overview of CLARIN related standards”.

Hope this helps,

Menzo Windhouwer
--
The Language Archive – tla.mpi.nl
Max-Planck-Institute for Psycholinguistics