[Standards] Minutes of the joint CSC/SC 4 meeting in Berlin

Daan Broeder Daan.Broeder at mpi.nl
Tue Jul 8 22:09:53 CEST 2014

Dear Andreas, Maik, all,

With respect to the actions that i would take with respect a proposed
standard registry model and platform.

Jan Odijk and discussed the possibilities. Our suggestion is:
(1) that the CSC first study the existing CLARIN standard documents that
have been sent to the list (as was agreed and done) and on the basis of
these documents propose a data model for a 'CLARIN standard¹ description.
(2) Suggest to the CLARIN BoD the necessity of standards registry
implementing aforementioned model and ask about available resources

The BoD can of course make means available, suggest using specific
existing implementations, etc.

So for the moment the Dutch CLARIN portal can only serve as an example how
an easy browsable/searchable registry can look like.

Best,
Daan

--
Daan Broeder