[CLARIN-Parliamentary-Records] result of Talk of Europe hands-on: different topics in original and translation text

Laura Hollink L.Hollink at cwi.nl
Wed Mar 29 17:26:10 CEST 2017

Dear all,

For those who are interested in the outcome of the last part of the Talk of Europe hands-on session:

We started to look into the effect of languages and translation on the detected topics, but could not finish this properly. By now I have removed the typos from the queries ;) and added some documentation. Feel free to have a look and/or try it out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ddhV0a6A2satr-RsLHnoXb1K-sSV6B6995BpVljlErQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you just want to get a quick idea of the results: I have compared Dutch original speech to Spanish translation thereof and these are the top 20 topics that are most often missing in the translation:

European Commission
exchange of information
cooperation policy
EU programme