[Dev] Fwd: On the Trac, inc. request for action

Sander Maijers sander at clarin.eu
Tue May 13 11:07:51 CEST 2014

Hi,

In the past we moved from usernames as login names* to e-mail-addresses as
login names. I would like to point out a few things regarding the
Trac<https://trac.clarin.eu/>and ask you to help.

*Things to keep in mind*
1. All ticket fields where login names are used (reported by, owner, cc,
etc.) should be up-to-date and correct for all tickets, particularly active
ones.
2. Secondly, all Trac users should have their full names and
e-mail-addresses configured properly on https://trac.clarin.eu/prefs (may
seem redundant, please still do so for technical reasons).

Recently I made change that requires our stricter adherence to these
principles. As you may have noticed when you enter a login name during
ticket editing, appropriate login names are being​ suggested now (see also
#540 <https://trac.clarin.eu/ticket/540>). However, suggestions for
​developers ​
often include their old login name(s), in addition to the current login
name (e-mail addresses). This will be solved
​ soon​
.

*Request*
Please use the ticket search at ​
​https://trac.clarin.eu/query to to batch reassign tickets with fields with
your old login name to your new login name.

*Heads-up*
​Within a week I will delete old sessions from the Trac
​'s​
database, which in practice according to a test means that you won't
receive e-mails with updates on a certain ticket
​ anymore​
in any of the following cases:

   - if
   ​ none of a ​
   ticket's
   ​relevant ​
   field
   ​s​
   contain
   ​s​
   your
   ​new login name;
   - if
   ​a ticket's relevant fields does contain your new login name, but you
   haven't filled out https://trac.clarin.eu/prefs properly.​

This doesn't take long and you will only receive one e-mail per batch
action. Thanks in advance.

​Best, ​

S​ander​

​*