[Dev] Fwd: [refeds] Public consultation on the Data protection Code of Conduct

Oliver Schonefeld schonefeld at ids-mannheim.de
Tue Jun 26 10:55:23 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Am 26.06.2012 10:28, schrieb Daan Broeder:
> So, yesterday was the kick-off of a pilot project concerned with
> investigating the acceptability of this Code of Conduct especially to the
> CLARIN community.
> So let me add to Dieter's message that it is especially of interest to
> have administrators of SPs and IdPs look at the Code of Conduct and give
> feedback if this CoC would make them more inclined to sign or release
> their user's attributes. But any feedback is very welcome!

Generally, I'm very happy with the CoC and hope it will help to change
the situation with AAI for the better.

I have a question to item f (and possibly m): Given we'll find a
solution for the delegation problem, am I right, that we would be
allowed to talk to 3rd party web-services on behalf of the user, if we
get the users consent, right?

So more technically, WebLicht (or other components of the CLARIN
infrastructure) would need to present, e.g. a dialog after the user
logged in (for the first time or with every operation that would require
delegation) and get the users content?
If the users declines, we cannot provide this service to the user,
right? [1]

Am I missing something, or would we conform to the CoC, if we
implemented such a behavior?

Best,
 Oliver

[1] Which is, btw, fine by me.
Oliver Schonefeld
Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Zentrale Forschung
R5, 6-13, D-68161 Mannheim
+49-(0)621-1581-451 | http://www.ids-mannheim.de