[Dev] CMDI proposal: SearchService and SearchPage ResourceProxies

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter.vanuytvanck at mpi.nl
Wed Jul 25 14:57:13 CEST 2012

(sorry for initial cross-posting, I've set the reply-to to
dev at lists.clarin.eu - hope all German developers are there as well)

Dear all,

After the discussion at the federated content search workshop in
Mannheim, I would like to propose 2 additional ResourceProxy types (next
to Resource and Metadata):

1. SearchService, to be used to link to a web service (eg SRU/CQL) where
one can query the data as described by the CMDI file in question. If no
mimetype is specified we will assume it is a SRU/CQL endpoint.

2. SearchPage, where a link to a specialized web application/web page to
search in the described resource can be placed.

I'm including an example for the Corpus Spoken Dutch.

The main advantages of this should be:

- possibility to distinguish between real resource links and links to search

- it is backward compatible: existing CMDI files are not affected

All comments are welcome! Preferably before August 6, so that we can go
ahead.

best regards from a slightly exotic Nijmegen,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, the Netherlands