[Dev] CMDI collection 2.0 proposal

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter.vanuytvanck at mpi.nl
Fri Aug 24 14:38:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

As there are some issues with the current "standard" collection profile
(e.g. it does not contain a language or modality element), I've tried to
define a (rather minimalisic) Collection 2.0 profile.

It is still private (so that it can be changed easily), but I've created
an example instance so that you can have a look at it, to see if it fits
with your idea about how collection metadata should look like. If OK,
this could be a good way to describe all SRU-searchable collections (it
includes links to the SRU endpoint in this example).

Extra fields that are available in the profile but that are not used in
the example: Title (a long version of the name, not sure we really need
this) and Owner (a string who owns/publishes the collection).

All feedback is welcome!

best,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, the Netherlands