[Userinvolvement] CLARIN Tool Families: Overview of Sentiment Analysis Tools in the CLARIN infrastructure

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Fri Jan 10 16:27:57 CET 2020

Dear all,

I’m happy to inform you that the report on NER tools has been finished. The draft is available here: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2020-1587-Tools-for-Named-Entity-Recognition.pdf
Please take a look and let us know if you have any comments / suggestions for improvements by 24 January. We will then publish the report and prepare a web-friendly overview of the surveyed NER tools.

We have also started a new survey, this time on tools for Sentiment Analysis:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f9WCzULN3mI1PJJ1IaGxxY63a4wJhaa7HWTGnvL_Jwk/edit?usp=sharing
We have already provided input for three tools to show what kind of information we are looking for with this survey, so please use these entries as a template for providing information on SA tools for your consortium. In contrast to previous surveys of resources, we did not search the tools for all CLARIN countries by ourselves since tools are at the moment generally less likely discoverable through CLARIN repositories. We are kindly requesting your input by 24 January.

Finally, I’d just like to draw your attention to the fact that the call for UI event proposals for 2020 is already open: https://www.clarin.eu/content/call-clarin-user-involvement-event-proposals-2020
Please share the news in your network. We are looking forward to exciting proposals!

Best,
Darja and Jakob