[Userinvolvement] IGNITE Digital Roundtabel on digital teaching methods on Wednesday afternoons through April

Wissik, Tanja Tanja.Wissik at oeaw.ac.at
Wed Apr 8 12:06:41 CEST 2020

Dear all,

Since most of us are now teaching online, this online Roundtable session on digital teaching methods etc.  through April might be of interest.

First roundtable is already today. No registration needed, just follow the Zoom Link. Below you find more detailed information.

Best wishes and stay healthy

Tanja

IGNITE Digital Roundtables on ‘Design Thinking & Maker Culture: Sticky Learning for the 21st Century’. Digital Roundtables on Wednesday afternoons through April via Zoom (8, 15, 22, 29 April). We hope to see as many of you as possible online! Our confirmed speakers will cover subjects, such as digital innovation in teaching and learning in the humanities, flipped classroom teaching, maker culture as new forms of meaning-making and knowledge creation, how to prepare humanities students for a new labour market, and how can humanities knowledge take on and create solutions for global challenges while facilitating the digital transition of society.

The first #IGNITEroundtable will be held on Wednesday 8 April 2020, 4-5pm (CEST)! This session will consist of three ten-minute papers, followed by a 15 minute discussion.

  *   Reya Saliba, Weill Cornell Medicine (Qatar) "Using the Flipped Classroom Model to Promote Critical Thinking and Lifelong Learning Skills"
  *   Barbara Heinisch, University of Vienna (Austria) "Co-creation in citizen science as a form of lifelong learning for cultural heritage"
  *   Martin Gerner, Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences/ Technische Universität Dresden (Germany) "Third Mission Calling – Accessing Creative Learning Environments through Blended Service Learning"

Session Moderator: Marianne Ping Huang, School of Communication and Culture<http://cc.au.dk/en/about-the-school/organisation/staff/>, Aarhus University.

Join us on Zoom at:

https://zoom.us/j/187696722?pwd=b01RRlRpc05YWTJaZXVSa29WVFRsZz09

ID: 187-696-722 PW: 088507

For more information and the full programme visit: https://ignite.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/ignite-digital-roundtables/

Follow the conversation on Twitter: @dariahTeach<https://twitter.com/dariahTeach> @ACDH_OeAW #IGNITEroundtable

We look forward to your participation and stimulating discussion!

The IGNITE Team

Dr. Tanja Wissik
ACDH-CH - Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Sonnenfelsgasse 19 A-1010 Vienna
E-mail: Tanja.Wissik at oeaw.ac.at
Tel: + 43 1 51581 - 2206