[Userinvolvement] Minutes from the 1st UIC meeting

Maria Gavriilidou maria at athenarc.gr
Mon Oct 21 12:51:02 CEST 2019

Dear Darja,

Thank you for all the work you have done to put into preparing the UI material and the Dashboard.

-          In the minutes I have no comments.

-         In the UI committee Dashboard there’s just a minor typo: in

General Information
This internal page contains infromation about the activities of the UI Committee. --> information
Two more general comments:

-          the usage of the Dashboard as “archiving tool” to store our previous activities is very important to keep all our documents (and our history) in one place. It could also be useful if we had an internal “working space” as well, to use in case of collaborative activities where we need to work together on specific documents. What do you think?

-          I believe that the Menu items Knowledge Base > CLARIN for Researchers / Knowledge Sharing are obscure for the user: they do not reveal at once what their content is and the user has to “dig deep” in the pages to discover what s/he wants. The pages themselves (https://www.clarin.eu/content/clarin-for-researchers and https://www.clarin.eu/content/knowledge-sharing) are well-designed and truly informative; my proposal would be (if and when the CLARIN site is re-designed) to bring this information further up and in a more prominent place. But we can discuss this later…

Best,
Maria

Maria Gavriilidou
ILSP / Athena RC