[Userinvolvement] Surveys of key families of resources and tools

Fišer, Darja Darja.Fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Fri Nov 10 12:00:29 CET 2017

Dear all,

I’m happy to let you know that all the surveys planned for this year have been finalized. The reports have been published on the CE Archive. The latest one is the overview of newspaper corpora and collections, which is available here: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1128-Newspaper-corpora.pdf

We have also updated the previous overviews in accordance with your comments and the additions to the CLARIN repositories, which are available here:

- Parliamentary records and corpora: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1019-Parliamentary-data-report.pdf
- Resources and tools for computer-mediated communication: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1064-Resources-for-computer-mediated-communication.pdf
- Parallel corpora: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1095-Parallel-corpora-report.pdf

Jakob and I are now in the process of preparing an overivew of the identified issues that need to be resolved which we wil share with you in the coming weeks. We are also planning a meeting on future VLO improvements. Surveys in 2018 will start with L2 corpora (motivated by the CLARIN workshop in Goetheborg https://sweclarin.se/swe/workshop-interoperability-l2-resources-and-tools).

In addition, we are now working towards versions of the reports that can be disseminated more widely and presented on the website (focusing on the strengths of the infrastructure). We will be asking you for feedback in the coming weeks.

Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated. And thank you all very much for your support and help with this intensive but highly valuable initiative. It wouldn’t have been possible without you.

Best,

Darja and Jakob

—
Univerza v Ljubljani
Filozofska fakulteta    doc. dr. Darja Fišer, Assistant Professor
http://lojze.lugos.si/darja/

Oddelek za prevajalstvo / Department of translation

Filozofska fakulteta / Faculty of arts

Aškerčeva cesta 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija / Slovenia

darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si<mailto:darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si>, www.ff.uni-lj.si<http://www.ff.uni-lj.si>

[cid:C08C5670-010D-4B4A-A66A-800ABCD8FB2F at t-2.net]<http://www.uni-lj.si>